Clouds, May 2010

Clouds, May 2010

Thursday, August 25, 2011

he said, HE SAID!

Dan called me at work today and Hayden got on the phone for a minute. I nearly understood every single word, which typically I can only do so in person. It was beautiful-- miraculous even. He is six years old and I have never spoken with him on the phone before.

He said, "Hi Mom!" Then he asked me something along the lines of, "You work?" I said, "Yes, I'm at work. What are you doing?" 

He told me about the lake, and the boat, and the trailer...
He was in fact going there with Dan to help my Dad get the boat out of the water, so we could bring it up to a different lake tomorrow.


Before we hung up, he finished, "Call me! Love me!" (sometimes we get our pronouns confused) 
And then, "Kex me!" (text me)
Followed by, "Goodbye!"
(both syllables) :)

It was undoubtedly a favorite conversation of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment