Clouds, May 2010

Clouds, May 2010

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

maybe

Earlier this evening I was taking an acid reducer-- it was a pill that I swallowed, not chewable-- and Hayden happened to be standing next to me (surprise, surprise). 

He asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was taking my medicine. 

He said, "Me mes-sin." I said, "you want medicine? I'll give you medicine."

I knew I didn't have any chewable vitamins, but we do have a dissolvable lemon-flavor aspirin powder. I diluted it in way too much water to make it a little more bland, took a sip, and I thought it still tasted like sweet, gritty lemonade-tea. So I added even more water and stirred it to dissolve better. I drank more than half, and then Hayden wanted to try.

He smelled the liquid, and then he stuck his finger in it. I told him that it sort of tasted like iced tea. Over the course of a few minutes, he actually took 2 or 3 sips. Very tiny sips, but he did it.

But wow. Maybe we'll be able to get something in him one day? Maybe?

I can not believe he asked me for medicine. And he actually tasted it. 

Wow. 

2 comments:

  1. This is just great. We often have had moments like this with Ian. When you least expect it, the little sweeties can surprise you. Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true! (And thank you!)

    ReplyDelete