Clouds, May 2010

Clouds, May 2010

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

maybe

Earlier this evening I was taking an acid reducer-- it was a pill that I swallowed, not chewable-- and Hayden happened to be standing next to me (surprise, surprise). 

He asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was taking my medicine. 

He said, "Me mes-sin." I said, "you want medicine? I'll give you medicine."

I knew I didn't have any chewable vitamins, but we do have a dissolvable lemon-flavor aspirin powder. I diluted it in way too much water to make it a little more bland, took a sip, and I thought it still tasted like sweet, gritty lemonade-tea. So I added even more water and stirred it to dissolve better. I drank more than half, and then Hayden wanted to try.

He smelled the liquid, and then he stuck his finger in it. I told him that it sort of tasted like iced tea. Over the course of a few minutes, he actually took 2 or 3 sips. Very tiny sips, but he did it.

But wow. Maybe we'll be able to get something in him one day? Maybe?

I can not believe he asked me for medicine. And he actually tasted it. 

Wow. 

2 comments:

  1. This is just great. We often have had moments like this with Ian. When you least expect it, the little sweeties can surprise you. Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete