Clouds, May 2010

Clouds, May 2010

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

he knows

So now Hayden's new thing is sitting on top of the toilet lid with his pants on. 

I tell him if he wants (whatever) he needs to sit on the toilet first. "First toilet, then that." All day I try this. 

So he thinks he's smart or funny or both, which he is, but that's besides the point. 

I do appreciate that he has the cognition to be that way-- I'm thankful for it. 

However, for example, twice today when I was changing him he fought me. His four limbs and forty-something pounds are becoming a tough match for my two hands as I'm trying to clean him up. Not to mention potentially dangerous because he squirms and thrashes all over the place.

It's physically and mentally draining when things escalate to a fight of sorts. 

But I know he knows what he should be doing. When he was in the bath playing with a toy firetruck that squirts water, he watched the skinny arched stream shooting out of it, and wouldn't you know he looked up at me with a smile and said "pee".

It did look like the firetruck was peeing. 

Any time, now. Please. Lord willing. Some serious progress would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment