Clouds, May 2010

Clouds, May 2010

Friday, July 8, 2011

If the doctor's word is golden, the parent's knowledge is the rare diamond

I posted part of my last blog on the NFXF site in recognition and participation of, Awareness Day later this month. Titled: "Mom, Gad, and Hayden"


I was reading many of the other posts, and not that I need a reminder-- quite the contrary-- I can't say enough how thankful I am that H was diagnosed when he was. 


We began voicing concern to the pediatrician when Hayden was about 9 months old. The diagnosis did not come until 17 months of age. At the time, this angered us because we felt an extra 6+ months of services would have crucial at that stage. (He has a different pediatrician now.)


But we soon learned that the average age of diagnosis is 36 months-- so comparatively, we were at least thankful for that much. 


I empathize with the parents and caregivers who did not have any definitive answers until their baby was a young child. From what I read, it seems as if many of them are still constantly progressing and I pray that continues. 


Know that YOUR word is invaluable and you are all warriors! Every single one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment